Monday, November 14, 2011

So this is love?

Wow! I've wanted to blog for a while. Then I thought - why not? I think I'd like to respond to more things in my life with a 'why not'. Why not go out and do what you always wanted to do? Why not try something that you've always been to timid to try before? Why not take a risk? It could be worth it.

This blog gets its name from one of my favorite quotes by Teddy Roosevelt:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

I am no cold or timid soul. So, this is me writing about how I apply this notion of 'daring greatly' to my everyday life. Whether it's work or play, I want to go to sleep each night feeling like I left everything on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment