Monday, December 19, 2011

Yummy Eats: Pumpkin is My Favorite

After last week's cupcake debacle, I was a little gun shy getting back into the baking saddle. So this weekend, I decided to go with a tried and true favorite to get my baking mojo back - delicious pumpkin bread (and easy to make too). I'm happy to report that it was a total success :) I even received a text from my husband this morning raving about it.

Here's a link to the recipe I use: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/downeast-maine-pumpkin-bread/

It's super delicious and pumpkin-y and nutmeg-y.

I'm feeling really encouraged by my success and it could not have come a moment too soon. With Christmas this weekend, I know that my future will be coated in sugar and dipped in chocolate. Growing up my family was never into the whole "Cookie Christmas" thing, but it's now a tradition in my own home and I can't wait to get going.

I love the traditions of holidays and the spirit of sharing treats baked with love. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. In that spirit, anyone have a great cookie recipe to share? I'm always looking for new suggestions ;)

Since this will be my last post before the holiday, Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment