Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Time

I love Christmas time. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. One reason I love it is because I feel like it's a great opportunity for Christians to share their faith. Kind of like when the Olympics come to a city it's that city's chance to shine in the spotlight. Christmas is a time that centers on a holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus. I'm not a preachy person, but I like to talk and I like Jesus, so it's a win-win for me.

My message is this: Christians, don't waste this chance to show people what we're all about. Which, in case you don't remember anything from Sunday School, is love. We're about love. Love for one another and love for God. Take a chance this holiday season and share a bit of that with someone in need. It doesn't have to be flashy. It can be as simple as wishing someone who's having a rough go of it a "Merry Christmas". It can be as easy as dropping a buck in someone's cup. It can be whatever you want. You don't have to buy everyone bibles for Christmas. Just be the light that shines so brightly that it causes someone to wonder what you're all about. Then it's up to you to share as little or as much as you'd like.

One of my favorite Christian groups, and I realize that there are a lot of them out there that aren't good, is Casting Crowns. To use their words (because if someone more talented than you says something better than you ever could, you should just use that):

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

It's early and you might hear it often from me, but Merry Christmas!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment