Thursday, December 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo Winner!

Part of my challenge to myself was to do things I've always wanted to do. Writing is a passion, and whether or not I'm any good,  it is something I love. So in keeping with my challenge, I decided to write. Fiction that is.

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a month long writing blitz. Each November thousands of crazy people, of which I am one, try to bust out a novel. The challenge is 50,000 words in 30 days. If you do the math, it's about 1,667 words each day. That's a whole lot of writing. It kicked my butt, but I finished! It's the first complete (or very nearly complete) manuscript I've ever written. I still have a bit of work to do to get it complete, then I let it rest a while, then it's time for revisions!

I'm mentally exhausted, but so happy and proud to have completed the challenge. What's in it for winners? This little beauty right here:


There's no "prize" per se for completing the 50k words. But, I can tell you that the satisfaction I got from meeting my goal was more then worth it. 

Educate yourself about the topic in this post: www.nanowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment