Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games Fever!

Who's excited for the movie premiere? ME!!!!! (Yes, that deserved at least five exclamation points.) I haven't been this excited for a movie premiere in years. When Twilight (the original) came out in theaters a lot of people (including most of my friends) had no idea what it was, so I ended up going to the movie by my lonesome. For the first HG film, my whole posse is going (yes, I have a posse) and I could not be more excited.

I'm even making shirts for us! Here's mine:


This was the first time I have ever tried to do 'faux' screen printing with iron-on images that I made myself. It took a lot of tedious cutting out of the letters and the Monkingjay, but I couldn't be more excited with how it turned out.

If there is anyone in the universe who hasn't read the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, please do yourself a favor and read the books. They are intense and sad and at times happy. Truly great reads that are now a prerequisite to being my friend.


Sunday can't come fast enough!

Educate yourself about the topics in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment