Friday, April 13, 2012

Fixation Friday: Nathan Bransford Blog Pimp

For me, the desire to lay down some ink on paper came from an idea I had. You know the kind that pops into your head out of nowhere and won't leave you alone? That kind. But, once I had this brilliant story idea, I had no clue what to do next. Being that it's 2012 (2011 at the time, if we're splitting hairs), I did what any internet savvy person would do - I googled it. Don't try that. You'll be inundated with over a billion results in .29 seconds. That's a lot. 

Lucky for me, I had made some connections with other writers - some published, some not - and asked where to start and what the heck a "pantser" was! (Btw, it's someone who doesn't outline. Never trust a pantser!) One such person directed me to the blog of author Nathan Bransford. Nathan is a middle grade fiction writer and was a literary agent in a previous life. His perspective on writing, finding an agent, and getting published is definitely unique given his experience. His blog has *HANDS DOWN* the best resources for writing newbs (which I was/still am).

Anyone who is thinking about starting their own journey into the quagmire that is becoming a published author, should bookmark Nathan's blog. I've also picked out a few other resources that helped me get moving in the right direction and listed them on my "Resources" page. Check it out! And Happy Friday!

Educate yourself on the topic in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment