Monday, April 30, 2012

Fixation Friday (on a Monday): 2012 Lit Fest

Friday was not a fun day for me (read: root canal). So, here's last week's post.

For those who aren't cool and don't live in Denver, there is a great non-profit organization here called the Lighthouse Writers Workshop. They are an independent creative writing center founded and operated by working writers. They offer workshops, gatherings, and a great annual conference.

I just signed up for the 2012 Lit Fest in June and I could not be more excited. The conference has workshops and courses for writers of all levels and a book fair to wrap everything up. As a new writer with a complete manuscript, I signed up for a pass that allows me the opportunity to speak directly with agents and editors for feedback on my query and opening pages. I'm eager (and also terrified) to hear what they will have to say, but mostly, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to get some feedback on my work.

I only have the next couple of weeks to polish my pages and query until they gleam, so I better get going!

Stay tuned for more as we get closer to June.

Educate yourself on the topic in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment