Friday, May 18, 2012

Fixation Friday: The Fray & Red Rocks

Now that I'm not tweeting for my life with The Writer's Voice, we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

I talk about living in Colorado a lot because I love it. I feel blessed to live in a place with so much natural beauty. If I drive 45 minutes west from my house, I hit the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. How lucky am I? Anyway, one of my favorite pastimes is going to concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO. Red Rocks is the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheater in the world (according to their website). It is magical. That may sound corny, but there is no place in the world I'd rather go to see a concert.

See? Awesome.
I was fortunate enough to catch a hometown favorite, The Fray, play at the last show of their tour. One thing you learn about living in CO is that the weather can turn on you in an instant. This last Saturday was one of those times. It was cold and rainy and my friends and I were drenched by the time The Fray hit the stage. But you know what? It was awesome all the same and I had one of the moments where I stopped and took a look around and felt so grateful. Grateful for my amazing friends. Grateful for my wonderful husband (who took baby duty for the night so I could spend a night out with my girls). And just plain grateful.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a moment to stop and smell the roses!

Educate yourself on the topic in this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment