Monday, May 7, 2012

What I've Learned from the Writer's Voice Competition

**Looking for my entry (#94)? Click here.**

Well, about half of the spots in the final round have been selected so far. I'm happy to see so many of my favorite entries make the cut (I knew I had great taste!). There is some serious talent in the pool of 200 contestants and everyone has sure made the coaches jobs of selecting only 40 entries very difficult.

I'm so glad to even be a part of the contest (not that I wouldn't L-O-V-E to be picked to move forward), and if nothing else, I've learned a lot about how wonderful and supportive other writers are. Even though we're all competing for the same spots, everyone is cheering other entries on and celebrating the great work others are doing.

I feel so warm and fuzzy about everyone that I just want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who has read and commented on other entries. Thank you for creating a sense of community surrounding this crazy contest. And thank you to the coaches for putting this all together.

XO's,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you commented on my 50 Shades of Motherhood...thanks! I'm on Twitter and, although I didn't participate, have seen 100's of tweets about the Writer's Voice Competition. Overwhelmingly, what I've witnessed is a beautiful display of support among people in the writing community. It's heartwarming. Love your sentiment on this blog...daring greatly takes courage. I dig courage. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete