Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo in Two Days!

Somehow, I managed to talk myself into June's Camp NaNoWriMo. Last November's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) was my first 50k-word writing blitz. It's a challenge that takes commitment, but I was so glad (and exhausted!) when I reached December 1st.

I tell everyone I talk to about writing to check out NaNoWriMo. I found that I really did well when I broke down the process of writing a novel into (somewhat) manageable chunks each day. It also gave me a great feel for how much I was writing. And because it's a true marathon, I adopted the "just get the words out" mantra. Any first draft doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be done. NaNoWriMo taught me a lot the first time, and I'm excited to see what I learn my next time through.

I've got a great new plot bunny that I'm in love with and I can't wait to get started. I am, however, also terrified. It's hard to believe I'm already staring down June's doorstep.

I'm taking the next couple of days to try and rest my brain so I can roll into Camp NaNo with my writing guns blazing.

Educate yourself about the topic in this post: Camp NaNo: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/campnano

No comments:

Post a Comment